GSCTRF Application
Use to apply for Travel or Research Funds (Please Note: Application cannot be made until AFTER travel is completed, but is required within 30 days of returning.) All Graduate Student Conference Travel Reimbursement Applications (GSCTRF) are submitted online only. Please click HERE to begin your submission.
This packet is intended to provide helpful advice before you start a GSCTRF Application. It includes a checklist of documentation you will want to be sure to have on hand as well as advice on how to handle non-standard situations with your application.
This fund is for currently enrolled graduate students who elect to attend a course outside their primary area of research/study for personal enrichment. To be eligible, applicants must have obtained the instructor's consent to audit the course and attended at least 60% of course meetings. Applicants are not required to complete assignments/exams for the course to be eligible. The amount of the award will be determined by the number of eligible candidates who apply, to a maximum of $500/semester. Applications are reviewed by the GSO Budget Committee who recommends that applicants keep personal copies of all files. All Graduate Enrichment Fund (GEF) applications are submitted online only. Click the link above to begin submission (application must be completed in one sitting so be sure you have all documentation prepared in advance).
To apply for funding to support a Conference, guest speaker or other professionalism event, please complete and submit a CAFÉ application to the GSO treasurer. Applications will be submitted to the budget committee for approval. Applications requesting more than the allotted amount will have to present their proposal to the senate for consideration.
This fund is for currently-enrolled graduate students with preschool-aged children attending a licensed daycare center (on-campus or off-campus). To be eligible, children must have been born before the start of the current semester, and not turn 6 before the semester ends. The amount of award will be determined by the number of eligible children who apply, to a maximum of $150/semester. The review committee recommends that applicants keep personal copies of all files to expedite future applications.
Reimbursement forms for chartered departmental and SCMA groups seeking reimbursement for relevant expenses.
Guidelines for filling out the voucher. Click here to download!
This form can be used to transfer funds between sub-organizations. Signatures from both treasurers where funds will be transferred from and to are needed, along with either an announcement flyer for the event funds will support or an email explaining in detail the intended purpose of the transfer as documentation for the transfer request. Click here to download!
This form is for any departmental or sociocultural interested in chartering or re-chartering with the GSO. Charter request for departmental groups should be submitted to the Assistant to the President. Any charter requests for sociocultural groups should be submitted to the GVPMA  (2019: deadline is September 18th).
GSO Departmental Sub-organizations:
Please click here to download the GSO Departmental Charter Template Please click here to download an example of a departmental charter application
GSO SCMA Sub-organizations:
Please click here to download the GSO SCMA Charter Template Please click here for the sample of a SCMA charter application Please Note: The sample provided is just for reference and each department is requested to make relevant changes to the template. For example, each department will have a different name and different sets of rules.
To submit Names and Contact Information for Organization Officers and Senators (An updated list must be submitted at the beginning of each Fall Semester.)
To run for a GSO Officer Position in the Annual Election
To be completed when you are paying an individual for speaking, performing, etc. at an event on campus.
If you will not be on campus and do not plan to take advantage of GSO services, you may apply to waive your activity fee. (Please Note: any student requesting a fee waiver will not be eligible for Travel or Research funding.)
This form is required to be submitted to Campus Catering if you wish to use an outside vendor to provide food. Please note, this policy only applies when food costs will exceed $200 and for events that are on-campus.
This form is required to be submitted with the voucher packet, for any event (including off-campus) that involves alcoholic beverages. Policy information can be found here.
All vouchers submitted to the GSO office are required to submit this form for any event, on or off-campus, that served alcoholic beverages.
Grievances may be filed by complainants: Graduate students (including but not restricted to senators, executive body and employees of the GSO); all currently registered students of SUNY Binghamton and students registered at the time. Grievances can be filed against: Members of the GSO executive board, staff, senators, or the GSO body as a whole, or any elected or appointed official of a GSO sub-organization. The grievance must be filed within six weeks of the incident (with provisions for extenuating circumstances). Written notification of the grievance must be filed using the provided form. Any affidavits or other supporting documents may be submitted at the time of filing or until the date of the hearing. This committee shall have the power to verify the validity of all documents submitted.